Wednesday, October 22, 2008

seamless thoughts on the 101

like a broken road, cracked at the seams,
rigid lines pave the way for a new lane.

running at a stationary pace
monoxide coats my sunburned skin.
i feel the hot air
in the cool heat
through my hair
in my heart
as I taste the rain
salty from exhaust fumes.

each exit a constant reminder
of where i'm going .
what i'm building.
and silently breaking.

pacing each step as if
placing steps
here
and not there
will get
me
to
Us
quicker.

forcing clicks,
numbers
on an faulty odometer
seem to say,
but never show
the true points of my linear progression.

for within these moments
I am slowly
awakening.
shedding
dreaming
flying faster
if only to go
nowhere
just to get
closer
to
you.

for
within
you
i see
us
only to find
myself
yearning to be
found again
when
i
am without
you.

No comments: