Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Late Night Talk Over Whole Questions and Half Truths

So I had a conversation with a friend, about what else!?!?!?

Relationships, of course…

And how the people we've dated (in the past) have discussed and represented their relationships (about us) to others....

I've come to the realization that I have yet to really be in a relationship where I felt the other person was all there, or really represented the relationship truthfully to the people around them.

In many ways I falsely perceived or was made to believe that the relationship is actuality deeper than it truly was… and subsequently it's been the one thing that has enabled me to take steps back, and not forward, within my relationships.

It's painful having to air out my laundry to others… but in many ways its an essential step for all parties involved. It makes the transition actual. It makes those who need closure truly able to let go. Until then everyone is suspended within the 'what if's', unable to entirely hold on or let go.

For me, in many ways, its what enables me to forgo my fears, trust another… and trust myself, entirely.

Until then, its all biding time…. Delaying the inevitable, which is unfair… I can be patient with many things, but my heart is not one of them.

But then again I could be wrong.

No comments: