Monday, October 20, 2008

Old Lessons ReLearned.... Review

So I had some interesting thoughts about the last couple of weeks, maybe things I've learned or need to re-learn.... things I have actualized…
------------------------------------------------
1. Listening, or finding a place where I can listen to those willing to share themselves with me is a humbling experience.... An experience I'd definitely like to do more of.

2. That the anger of another individual is not a fault within my own person, but a lack of understanding within theirs…
Nevertheless this does not put me above or below them...and forces me to understand my own shortcomings so that i may one day change them.

3. That letting go is something I should do more often, because as terrifying as it is… the fall is just as amazing as it is liberating.

4. Realizing that people are living their own lives, and may come around when it is convenient for them, but the true ones will remain even long after they've over stayed their welcome.

5. That true love (of any kind) is unconditional.. Whether that be family, romantic, platonic or anything else in-between.. That I must accept that most relationships have stipulations, but just because they do doesn't mean I need to hold back or give any less of myself…..

How can I expect for someone to give it, let alone receive it, if I am unwilling to do the same?

6. That my passions will never be fulfilled unless I work to achieve them, every day of my life.

7. That happiness is something I (we) must all fight for. Finding it, maintaining it… is a constant struggle that is inherent within life. And though people have a tendency to become lax when things work out, contentment is as transient as any other experience. Just as one fights their way into good… One must fight just as hard to stay there.

8. That though I feel disconnected from many of the things that I love, I have been fortunate enough to find something that enables me to shed my skin... mend rendered sutures, and save all of the good parts left within me, so that I may one day be able to it give back to those around me.

9. That contentment can be just as contagious and pervasive as sadness or anger. That when one is able to truly experience a constant state of happiness it can be shared and passed on to the people around them.

10. That I must not worry about the happiness of those around me, so much that it detracts from my own sanity.

11. That I miss you. Still

12. That i need to just stop worrying about what's not there and be with what is.

13. That I am still here, if you need me, all you have to do is ask.

No comments: