Saturday, August 1, 2009

Friday Run-Thru

Highlights of my day:

i picked up my guitar for the first time in years and sang.
i danced in a circle for almost an hour.
a good friend i haven't heard from years reached out to me.
my doctor appt lasted approximately 20 minutes, wait time, paperwork, diagnosis: faster than a drive thru.
i was genuinely happy all day.

Cons:
i may have lost a something/someone i care for very deeply.. nevertheless it is for the best.

What I learned from all of this...?

that i am truly resilient.

that there are so many people that truly care and are supportive of me. and despite my flaws, they understand me.

that friendship is not only a two way street, but that it can never develop a genuine foundation without tests to measure it's strength.

that learning to stand on your own two feet regardless of the influences around you.... is what truly makes you a man/woman. and without that you might never individualize what you truly need in life.

that contentment like relationships are inherently work. its is something that you must fight for. Finding it, maintaining it… is a constant struggle that is inherent within life. And though people have a tendency to become lax when things work out, contentment is as transient as any other experience. Just as one fights their way into good… One must fight just as hard to stay there.

other than that.... i'm at a loss. hopefully these insights will be enough... i'll guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: