Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Are we so different?

I have been told that men and women are different in many ways... but the more I explore the notion of desire, the more I realize that our similarities mesh and overlap in ways that make us indistinguishable.

One example: The other day I was driving down Highland Blvd.... just a regular day, like any other.... and approaching me happened to be the most attractive man i have ever seen in my life.... ever.. and when i mean ever i absolutely unequivocally mean EVER.... so attractive… that i and the 15 women in front of me stopped our cars and watched him run past all of us... eyes wide... jaws dropped.... in awe.

I couldn't believe it.

Because of this I started ponder the ways in which women are driven by desire... Maybe there are significant differences… I don’t necessarily think so.... I think people are driven based off of their personal experiences... but when you are attracted, the physiological response is similar.

Another example: Watching D'Angelo's Untitled video.... now I normally enjoy watching videos in general. But this, for me is probably the most visceral video I have ever seen in my life. The song is exceptionally sensual, erotic... subtle and yet overtly sexual...

In all honesty, watching this video throws my brain into upheaval.

I absolutely lose my shit.

I start getting the shakes.... I become increasingly uncomfortable.... I have even been known to break into tears watching that boy. No joke.

I cannot watch it without thinking: I don't know what to do with myself. How is this even possible? I'm absolutely speechless.

Rarely has anything in my life put me in a situation where I would lose all sense of autonomy or self-control (give or take a person or two).

Nevertheless, he might just be one of the sexiest males alive... and not because he is attractive, that definitely helps... but he owns his sexuality.... his swag... whatever you want to call it… and yet, he doesn't over do it... he's not such a dominating presence that it overwhelming.

He just owns it... and i could see me falling over myself... acting the complete fool for someone like that…. which is strange (for me). And yet not entirely foreign.

i don't know. just a thought random thought i guess.

2 comments:

Jelani said...

word. i think u women are dirtier than men when it comes down to it. you guys just do a better job of hiding it or playing it off

Elizabeth said...

i don't think it's that guys do a better job of hiding it... you are either dirty or not. now you can progress there, but i think men have a tendency to show all of their cards... especially in the bedroom.... where as women are very inclined to be receptive different things... all they need is the right motivation and you're in... pun slightly intended.