Friday, June 19, 2009

stasis

I wonder if I should worry.
If only seeing one side of a multidimensional form is good enough to warrant contentment?
Speaking in small increments, clues that lead to Cul-de-sacs, never maps that give its outright treasure, is confounding….
If not downright confusing.
I can’t honestly say that I depend on you now... or ever will…
I can’t say that I ever see us having an honest future.
What I can say is that you always leave me guarded.
Always wondering what’s really going on under the surface.
I want to hear what you have to say after you read this.
I want to hear the words fall from your mouth and drip off your tongue…
if only just to catch it…
place in it my ear...
savor it into memory.
I want to know how you really feel about this.
About me.
About her.
I want all of the pieces, for even half truths might give me some semblance of discretion.
If you can give me this.
Only this.
I can give us back.

No comments: