Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rekindling an Old Love and Reflections on Swag.

Went to El Flordita last night. Came to the realization that salsa is an exaggerated form of pea cocking. Add a dash of bravado, pretense, and a splash of sex and you’ve got yourself a good time.

Last night I learned a couple of things:
1. Dancing is much better than sex… most of the time.

2. You can try multiple partners within the span of an hour….

3 You can walk away mid song if your unsatisfied, and it’s rare that I ever have a bad time.

Nevertheless, I’ve also realized that dancing partners are like relationships... most are fun, but it’s rare to find someone you actually click with… or maybe it’s just that I have yet to find a partner who can keep up with and handle me… or connect in all the right ways that the dance becomes symbiotic.

A lyrical flow that enables me to speed up and slow down in an almost perfect way. A way that puts me in a groove…. so that I not only lose myself in the song, but the person I’m dancing with.

I spend so much time dancing that I forget that I am actually dancing with someone.

It’s rare that I’ve had a partner with genuine swag who could really put it on me… so to speak…. But I figure one of these days someone’s going to come along and floor me.

Till then….

No comments: